Selecting the right professional Disc Jockey for your special day can be confusing with all of the different choices that are out there today. There are over 100 Disc Jockeys that advertise in the local area and probably many more that don’t. Selecting the right professional Disc Jockey for your special day will take some time, and you should do your homework. This could be one of the most important decisions affecting the lasting memories of your wedding. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask any of the wedding professionals assisting in your big day. Here are some questions to ask when you are looking to hire a Disc Jockey.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1) Are you available on my date?
– Please consult our Availability Checker
2) Will you travel to our reception location without a travel charge?
– Normally we do not charge extra for travel. Please inquire for your location.
3) Can you provide us with any references?
– Yes, I would be glad to send you some by request, and you can also view a few by clicking on our Testimonials section.
4) Can we come see you at a show or view a demo video?
– Because your privacy is important to us, we request you also honor our other clientele’s privacy in regards to their event. We would be happy to send you a DVD demo by request.
5) Do you carry Insurance and can you provide proof of Insurance?
– Yes, we have $1,000,000 liability insurance policy should it be needed.
6) When do we meet with the DJ to discuss details of the wedding?
– You will meet with me (Charlie) personally once or twice during the early planning stages, and then again at least once or twice about a month before your wedding date.
7) Do you have back up DJ’s and equipment available?
– Yes. We have a staff of 6 other qualified Disc Jockeys plus back up equipment at your reception and in our office if necessary. Plus we network with other Wedding Professionals in the area that could cover in case of an emergency.
8) Is dinner music included in our package?
– Always. We only offer Unlimited Hour packages. However, you can still choose to have a String Quartet or Soloist to perform, we will just be ready as they are concluding.
9) Are there any hidden costs involved?
– No. The final contract will state exactly what you are receiving and the price. Other add-on’s or options may be added at a later time for an additional charge.
10) How much of a deposit is required and when will the balance be due?
– A 50% retainer is due at the time services are contracted. The balance (50%) is due on or before the date services are rendered.
11) Will we get a receipt and copy of our contract agreement?
– Yes. We will always give you a copy of your contract and e-mail receipt for your records.
12) Do you bring one or two DJ’s?
– We always bring one Lead DJ (Charlie), and usually one assistant to help with the music mixing and formalities.
13) Will the DJ’s be in Formal Attire?
– Yes, unless otherwise noted on your planner.
14) Can we pick our own music for the reception?
– Yes, please visit our online music planner, or just let us use our professional experience to keep your guests dancing.
15) Will one of the DJ’s act as Master of Ceremonies (MC)?
– Yes. Charlie will be your Master of Ceremonies plus assist the other wedding vendors to help make your wedding an unforgettable experience.
16) How many years wedding experience do you have?
– I performed at my first wedding reception in 1987. Since then I have performed at over 1000 events.
17) Do you bring a wide variety of music?
– Of course. I will have over 5000 songs to choose from at your event, plus any specific selections you choose during our consultation.
18) Do you offer any discounts?
– We do offer some package discounts and we are always willing to throw in a few extras!
19) Do you offer any other services such as: Invitations, Karaoke, Ceremony Music, Videography, Photography, etc.?
– We offer a lot of complimentary services to our Disc Jockey Entertainment. Please ask me and if I don’t offer it, I will be glad to refer you to another professional that does.
20) How long can you hold this date for us?
– Typically, once you call and ask to reserve a date, I will put a 15 day no obligation hold on that date for you.
21) How do we contact you?
– Call our toll free number: 1-800-378-6828 or click here for our contact form.